Wreck on the Highway

It was a slow ride to work this morning as the 33 was jammed. I couldn't figure what the problem might be as the best part about working in Buffalo is that there isn't a lot of gridlock and we can be almost anywhere in about twenty minutes.

I heard a few sirens off in the distance, but I was listening to Howard Stern and it wasn't affecting me all that much -until I saw the wreck.

A black car was upside down and it was apparent that whoever had been driving was in a world of trouble. My heart did a sudden leap into my throat as I said a quick prayer for the man or woman who, at best, was trapped inside.

Every so often there is a reminder that life is fragile and can end on a whim, or a bad turn, or a lightning strike, or a fall, or a freak accident. I did the whole writer's scenario giving the anonymous driver a wife, a couple of kids, a home with a view and a million reasons to stay alive.

Seeing how fragile life is surely makes me appreciate the little moments around the home and with the family. Yet too often it is easy to forget that it can all be over in an instant.

God Bless that driver and his family - hopefully it won't be quite as bad as it looked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty