Tim Russert

58 is too freaking young to leave when you have work to do. Tim Russert was a newsman made good from Buffalo and he always represented well. I read a review of his life in the NY Post today and it spoke of the family values, the hardworking, honest approach that he took, and the way he enjoyed his life.

The article stated that no matter how rich and famous he grew to be - he never forgot the blue-collar ways of his hometown. Paragraph after paragraph spoke of his honesty, and family values. It was almost as though the writers couldn't believe that a man could remain honest and true all of his days.

I thought of an old Chris Rock routine about a man who yells - "I take care of my kids," as though he should get an award for doing so.

I thought of the book Tim Russert wrote speaking of his love for his dad - and of family values. I read about his dedication to his wife and child, and I must admit, I grew sad. He died too soon.

Yet he spent his life representing Buffalo well. There are thousands and thousands of men and women who knew exactly what it felt like to be like Tim Russert - and that's because we shared the values that so shock the rest of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty