Sports Jerseys

A few thoughts collected while wondering whatever happened to Billy Ocean:

--- My son put on his Marshawn Lynch jersey this morning because he wanted to aggravate me. It is being reported that Lynch's automobile was involved in a hit and run accident in Buffalo. My son likes to remind me that catching or running with a football is what excites him - no matter the character of the man. My wife often sides with him - "Just let him be a kid," she'll say.

"Why don't we get him a jersey with Hitler on the back?" I'll ask.

Now I'm not comparing these guys with Hitler - but there are a lot of good human beings out there to emulate - felons, rapists, murderers, hit and run drivers, wife-beaters, men who pistol whip their parents - I have little tolerance for that.

--- Read a story today about young men and women of the military committing suicide at an alarming rate due to longer stints, the horrors of war, and general discontent for the fight. There have been over 100 suicides in recent months. How many more will die for a "mistake" in intelligence?

--- The new book by the Chief of Staff is a real shocker, huh? They lied about selling the war to the American public. Doesn't selling something mean that someone is buying it? I never bought it.

--- Is Abe Vigoda still alive? I read a joke that a comedian is doing about it - not going out on a limb here, but that dude must look old!

--- Lakers-Celtics in the NBA Finals - when I was a kid basketball was my favorite sport to watch and play - it's mind-numbingly boring to me to watch a game now. Also I have a hard time rooting for a team led by a man accused of rape versus a team led by a man who was stabbed 85 or so times. I can't relate - see above.

--- Why do I know all of the names of the Jolie-Pitt kids?

--- Say a prayer for the guys over there, huh? At least let them know that they are appreciated and that God-Willing they don't have to kill themselves to get out.

--- Why Billy Ocean? Don't know - just popped into my head - but I remember all of those love ballads and I swear I sang along very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie