Let's See What Comes to Mind

It's raining hard. I love the reaction of the dogs when it's raining this hard - they know they have to go out to do their duty. They understand that going in the house is going to cause a scene, but they are willing to risk it. It's almost as if they gauge their options and figure - I'm crapping in comfort, I'll take the beating.

There - just kicked them out the door.

Doesn't the nice weather wear you down even more - not that it's nice now - it's raining, pay attention. Yet it seems that there is so much more to do. In the winter, we can relax because there aren't any baseball games, no playing catch, forget a bike ride. I sleep better in the winter and relax at least a little. Oh well, it'll be here soon.

Obama is blaming the GOP for not finding Bin Laden. McCain says we're winning in Iraq - what do we win by the way? One of those little trophies that rewards us for our participation? My kids have a closetful of participation medals. Perhaps that is what we'll get for our eleven trillion dollars - or whatever we're up against so far. America can collectively sit in bankruptcy court and whisper - "At least we won."

Marshawn Lynch is still evading police in regard to his hit and run. He's better at that then missing would-be-tacklers. What a hero.

Read a bunch of articles saying that the Tim Russert sudden death should be a warning for all Americans who are oblivious to health concerns. Not sure that his death serves in such regard - does anyone truly believe that our bodies don't have an expiration date?

Played another round of golf yesterday at a corporate outing - I know when I'm beat. You spend the early part of your life pretending that you're going to be great at a particular sport - there comes a day when you realize that there are less days in front of the horse than riding in the back of the cart. Still I missed winning a free vacation on a par 3 - the hole-in-one was a mere 8 feet away. (I made the birdie putt too - there's still hope!).

So, that is what came to mind in the seven minutes I allotted myself to write this blog - onto the Yankees!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie