Blast Me With Water


Aren't kids great? I always say that they allow us to see the grace in the world. After a rough week of travel and beating deadlines and writing reports, I wasn't into much of anything come Friday night. I honestly just wanted to go to bed around 6 PM. I felt my mood slipping, slipping, slipping.
I decided to hang with the boys. We played a game of basketball - Jake and Sam against me. Although I have a strong desire to let them win - I can't yet give up the title as the best basketball player in the house. I beat Matt on his birthday, so I beat the dynamic duo last night - but not after laughing at them fouling me on every play, double-dribbling and walking with the ball, and talking smack the whole time.
Next they went down the slip and slide and it wasn't working right, so I just disconnected the hose and shot them with it as they came down the slide. I was blasting them in the chest and head and they were yelping with glee each and every time. I found that the more fun I had blasting them, the more they laughed.
Soon enough, I was laughing just as loud, wishing that the slip and slide could hold me so I could take a turn.
Kathy is the maintenance person around our house so soon enough she fixed the slide and I wasn't needed on the hose anymore.
I headed to the house, no less tired, but healed in a manner of speaking.
Ah, that grace! Just blast me with water, Dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie