Wojo

Some thoughts collected while wondering what happened to Wojo from the old Barney Miller show:

1). Marshawn Lynch still has not has his day in court. I work in the construction field and a lot of hard working guys were wondering what the hell? I asked each one of them if it had been them what would have happened. "I did the same thing," one guy said. "Yet I only hit a parked car, not a human being. The cops not only came to my house, they broke down my door and ripped me out of bed. I spent a day and a half in jail."

Yeah... Marshawn isn't getting special treatment because he runs with a pigskin.

2). My discussion with a bunch of hardworking masons also centered around not being able to afford to even get to work anymore. "I need to drive 55 miles each way. The oil companies are making record profits, and we're being told how lucky we are that we aren't paying 9 bucks a gallon. If it goes that high, I'll be on welfare."

We all will be.

3). I really enjoy golf and usually get invited to a few tourneys this time of year. Played in one yesterday with a stiff back, sore legs, and a few cold beers hitting the stomach. How'd I play, you ask?

Figure it out.

4). Obama versus McCain. It reminds me of the World Series when Anaheim played San Francisco. I couldn't care less who won.

Or is it "I could care less?" I've never quite figured that one out.

5). Now what happens to the Clinton's? I spoke with one staunch Republican who switched to the Democratic party so that he could vote against Hillary in the primary. Now he's switching back to vote for McCain. And Bill might still be the most hated man in the world. Check the stats - when he left there hadn't been a terror attack, gas prices were a buck and a half and the surplus - not the deficit was near a trillion.

Perhaps Bill and Hillary could tour the country in a dunk tank. They'd make millions.

6).Why Wojo?

I guess because I miss television shows. I hit the clicker to check the guide tonight and couldn't find one thing that might remotely hold my interest. (The Yanks are on the West Coast) Reality this, game show that, might as well read something written by someone with talent.

Wojo had talent - what an actor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie