On the Road Again

I like Willie Nelson and that particular song - just not to fond of being on the road anymore for work. It's especially lousy in the summer when there are things to do around the yard and little league games to watch!

This little trip is also particularly difficult as I am gone for a few days with Saturday included. One of those days is Jake's 11th birthday. It was a goofy quirk in scheduling, but nothing that I could change - so here I sit - counting the minutes - waiting for a call from home to see what's going on.

Another lousy bed in another lousy hotel room and to make matters worse - the Yanks are on the West Coast and the friggen games don't start until 10:00.

Yet there are men who do this sort of thing week in and week out. Some people travel well - I honestly used to - I'd go down to the well and drink my fill - and I would still be out of bed early - ready to go and looking forward to more beer - of course, I was only in my twenties then and all I was taking care of were my two canary's - Bruce and Patty - and I hated those birds.

Oh well, The Yanks are coming on. Good-night now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty