Married for 48 Years

Was fortunate enough to listen in as my father and my father-in-law were speaking of their marriages.

My parents have been married for 48 years. My in-laws are currently at 51 years. Just before their 50th anniversary I asked my father-in-law what he wanted for a present - "A divorce," he answered.

It was even better yesterday.

My father asked me how long I had been married.

"11 years," I said.

"That's nothing, 48 years for us."

That was when my father-in-law walked over. "How many of those were happy?" he joked.

"I was all right with the first two weeks," my father answered.

"Really?" my father-in-law answered. "I started getting shit in the middle of the first week."

Just a classic family moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie