New Tax State

I propose changing the name from New York State to New Tax State- with of course, New Tax City being the albatross.

The cigarette tax is cruel and inhuman to those of us who are trying to kill ourselves slowly. Don't smokers have enough problems with the rancid breath, nicotine stained fingers and cranky personalities? (My wife is excluded from that, by the way).

Aren't they shunned enough by society by being made to stand outside of bars where all the good drinking is going on?

Yet it speaks to a bigger problem here in New Tax State. We are taxed to drive, taxed to smoke, taxed to breath and live. We will soon be taxed to go to the freaking bathroom. Sure, why not? Crank toilet paper up a buck and a half a roll. Everyone needs to use it - why not tax it?

Our kids can't afford to go to school. We can't afford to start a business. We won't be able to drive from here to there without a $10 toll and $300 for a tank of gas. The roads have potholes. The water tastes bad. People are leaving in droves. It costs me $100 everytime I leave the freaking house! I just want to crawl under the bed and wait until they tax my mattress because I use it every day.

Had a conversation with a PA resident yesterday. He laughed at the taxes in New Tax State. "Why don't you move the hell out of that welfare state?" he asked.

Good question - now, don't get me wrong - I am proud to be a citizen of New York. Problem is - someone is going to get wind of that and tax me for being proud.

Ah well, at least I don't smoke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty