Waiting on a Sunny Day

Isn't it nice not to have to wear a coat or brush off the car, or shovel snow, or freeze your ass off?

I can't help but be picked up by the weather and I sincerely believe that the change in seasons is what makes the people of Buffalo such wonderful people to be around - (for four months out of the year).

I woke up this morning, took a deep breath, and didn't cringe because of cold air smashing my lungs. I looked up at the clear blue sky and heard the singing friggen' birds who woke me up early, and I sort of ran out to start my day.

Everyone I bumped into seemed happier. The food tasted better. The cold water that I drank down at every other stop was awesome.

I returned home and mowed the lawn - it is impossible for me to mow the lawn at a leisurely pace and not remember having to mow the lawn when Jake was sick - I did it at break-neck speed, nearly crying as I ran across the lawn to just get it over with - if you haven't read Counting on a Miracle yet - shame on you.

In any regard - I couldn't help but be happy again - my back is feeling better, I had pasta for dinner, the Yanks are on in an hour, I was waiting on a sunny day - and I got it. Now if A-Rod didn't have that quad injury...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie