Sweet Dreams are Made of This

Back in college we played a drinking game to Pee-Wee's Playhouse. God help you if the guy next to you caught the secret word before you did.

Yet what I remember most about Pee-Wee (besides that little theatre indiscretion) was his movie - Pee-Wee's Big Adventure (which we also caught three sheets to the wind). In a very intense scene, his love interest asks Pee-Wee - as soft music plays in the background - whether or not he has any dreams. In that awesome Pee-Wee voice he says -"I have a scary one where a beast chases me and catches me and tears me apart."

I have a lot of dreams. One concerns watching an airplane fall from the sky. I don't know what it means, but it always wakes me up. I also have a recurring dream about being one credit short of graduating from college. Even awake, I swear that someone is going to call me and let me know my BA wasn't completed.

A few weeks ago, my wife woke up rather irritated with me. When I pressed her on the issue, she told me that she had a dream that I cheated on her.

I didn't do myself any favors when I asked if the girl was hot.

I'm not sure what all of the dreams mean. I've woken myself up with laughter, felt a sudden rush of panic, and have certainly been intimate in my dreams. I've listened to psychics and the sort explain what dreams mean, but am only slightly curious, and have never taken it much further.

This morning, I woke singing the song "Key Largo" - a song I haven't heard in five years (at least) - you know it - "We had it all, just like Bogey and Bacall, staring in our own late, late show, and sailing away to Key Largo."

Well - here's looking at you, kid - what the hell does it all mean? Perhaps Pee-Wee can figure it out for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie