Your Ridiculous Opinion Has Been Noted

I certainly would like to make an informed choice regarding the presidential race for 2008. I have looked at each of the candidates, but I'm having a difficult time telling the difference. Everyone is so polished and offers us what we want to hear. Not a single one stands out because, frankly, I don't trust any of them.

When you talk about accountability, and the ability to tell the truth, there isn't a single politician that separates him/herself. I'm sorry, but I felt deceived by Clinton when he pointed in the camera and explained his relationship with his intern, and I knew that Bush and company were lying from day one. Yet, even after being caught in a lie, not one of them ever owns up. Would you try that in your own life? Would you allow your children to live under such veils?

A few years ago, I was standing within three feet of one of my children as he played a handheld video game. The game wasn't going as he liked so he reared back and threw it - right through our living room window. The shock of it all stunned both of us, but I turned to him with anger in my eyes - he never hesitated - "I didn't do it!" He said.

I laughed. When a 3-year-old does it, you laugh - when the leaders of the country do it - you cringe.

I have a couple of real good, real intelligent friends who don't vote at all - their reasoning is that they those running are all crooks. I hate to be so cynical, so I head out each November and cast my vote. I never feel really terrific about any of it.

At home, we fixed the window and my child was taught that there are consequences for his actions. My son was punished, and we were able to repair the relationship, and live on in a healthy environment. I can't yet do that with my politician friends, because so far, no one seems willing to accept responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie