The Streetlight Shines Down on Blessing Avenue

It is so easy to forget your blessings, right? Being busy, having endless amounts of work to do, and losing your thoughts in waves of sleep depravation can surely take its toll on your patience and the love that should be in your heart.

I say all of this because one of my boys got a bloody nose last night. It was a real gusher that soaked its way through about a roll of toilet paper. All the while, he was screaming at the sight of his own blood, and I was beside him, talking calmly, telling him it was almost done, and that a bloody nose wasn't a big deal.

In the meantime, I was scared shitless. There may not be any more miserable sight than that of your own child's blood. Every time he screamed, my heart skipped a beat. With every soaked section of toilet paper, I thought of what Iwould do if there was something seriously wrong.

Thank God, it was just a nose-bleed.

Yet, it made me stop what I was doing on the computer and head down to the television to watch the wrestling matches with them. It forced me to put away all of the things that seemed so important, and just hang out with the boys. It had me counting my many blessings, and thanking God that they are healthy.

In the grand scheme of things, all of the work we do, while giving us a purpose, does little for us in the way of blessings.

Tomorrow night is the Royal Rumble wrestling match on pay-per-view - I have a tough week coming up, but I will watch every last match, eat a little pizza, and make the night into the party that my boys want it to be. What would you do? Count your blessings - reality is just a bloody nose away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty