Not Big on '08 So Far

Welcomed in the New Year with some friends and a vat of beer. Woke up sick and believed it to be alcohol related, but now a couple of days in, it appears to be a nasty cold complete with a headache and a sneezing fit that left me cleaning my steering wheel. Which of course, brings a couple of thoughts to mind - the good health that's usually there is something that I shouldn't take for granted.

Secondly, deep down, men are wimps - now don't get me wrong, I would never think about taking a day off. With thanks to my mother and father, I believe it is my responsibility to go to work - each and every day, no matter how much I have to suffer. Yet, that doesn't stop me from complaining - and as every woman will tell you, every man loves to tell you how crappy they feel. I must have told my wife about my illness at least 7 times today. Whenever there's a lapse in conversation I mention that I feel like shit. "You look like it too," is her usual response.

So, is there a point to all of this? There are a lot of people who live each and every day in pain. There are people who are suffering through long-term illnesses, and some of them might never recover. I'm not in that boat, but you could have fooled me. I'm about two sentences from hitting the couch with a blanket that I'll pull up to my neck - I just hope that my wife and kids stay within shouting distance so I can tell them how much it sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty