Someday

When we were growing up, my brothers and I always used to laugh about the fact that my father would save all kinds of items and have us store them in the garage. We used to say - "Here's another thing for the someday pile."

Now, I know why - when there seems to be too little time in the day, and too many tasks to accomplish, the someday pile grows. My sons are all excited about the Pay-Per-View Wrestling match scheduled for Sunday night. There is a royal rumble with 30 wrestlers involved and I had a great idea to choose up the wrestlers and see who the big winner is going to be - my boy, Sam, has asked me at least twenty times to write down the names and pick them from a hat. I haven't had time. I kept telling him that we would get it done on Saturday, in plenty of time for the match - and he said - "Yeah, someday."

I now understand - kind of a Cat's in the Cradle type moment - someday to them feels as if it is a lifetime away. I suppose that when I was a kid, my dad had the same types of thoughts.

Yet, someday isn't a bad thing - I keep waiting for the train to come roaring around the bend - I keep waiting for the ship to show itself on the horizon - but someday is right here. I have thirty names to write down on a piece of paper - I hope I choose the Undertaker - I think he's going to win. Hey Sam! Someday is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie