On the Road Again

I am not alone in having to travel, from time to time, to do my job. All of my brothers are on the road on a fairly regular basis. Two of my best friends spend more time in the air then they do on the ground. I'm not sure how they feel about it, but I despise being away. I spend the evenings in the hotel watching TV, unable to write much, just wondering what is going on without me there.

I'm told.... that there is a more relaxed atmosphere at home. The other morning I explained to the boys that I wouldn't be home and one of them actually cheered, then smiled, and said, "We're going to miss you." My other son finished the conversation by saying, "I'll get the balloons and confetti."

There is little doubt as to who misses me the most - Shadow and Melky spend a good half-hour greeting me when I return. They shake their tails, jump on me, and try their best to kiss me. I asked my wife why she didn't offer the greeting I get from the dogs, and she explained that she didn't have that much energy.

So, here I sit, watching another episode of Friends, waiting for the phone to ring so I can spend a few minutes listening to what I'm missing.

When I was young, I heard that you should never wish time away, but tonight, I'm wishing it were tomorrow, and I was yelling for them to settle down.

Maybe I'll get show up at the door with a few balloons and a handful of confetti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie