Get Some Sleep

I didn't see Brokeback Mountain. I wasn't protesting the film - I rarely get to see a movie until it's been out for a few years, but I certainly knew who Heath Ledger was - we treat our actors like royalty in this country. It seemed to be a great shame to me that his life ended at such a young age, especially with a young child in his life.

Yet, I can't say I understand it. The story seems to be that he was tired and tried to self-medicate, and over did it.

Mariah Cary - a few years ago - ended up in the loony bin for a little while because she was over-tired. Again, I had trouble understanding.

I've dug ditches, wrote to a deadline, stayed up with sick kids, and yes, even partied too long from time-to-time - I feel extremely tired right now after a seventy hour work week, and picking wrestlers names out of a hat (see previous post).

I know the cure - however - I'm going to close my eyes and go to sleep. If I don't feel better tomorrow - I'm going to take it easy and go to sleep again. I will sleep until I feel better.

I certainly don't have a medical degreee, but the cure for exhaustion would seem to be rest - pill-less, psychiatrist-less, rest. It's too bad our royalty doesn't seem to know that much.

Comments

Line from U2 - "sleep is the (moral man's) drug in God's Country...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie