Tomato Sandwiches

It was Saturday night. 

9:30 p.m.

The kids out on their own.

The dog at my feet, the cat beside me. Ozark (2nd watching) on the television. A blanket over our legs. Each of us in a reclined position.

“I’m thinking tomato sandwich,” I said.

I had hit Bowman’s stand in North Collins - nothing like fresh veggies.

“Absolutely!” Kathy said.

As I made the sandwiches I had a thought…

…we were excited!

The highlight of our weekend was now a sandwich with fresh tomatoes.

“We used to go out drinking,” I said. “Now we are eating a tomato sandwich and wondering if we have time for another full episode.”

Kathy laughed.

We ate our sandwiches - mine was perfect.

“So good,” Kathy said.

Her’s  was too.

I took the plates to the sink.

“Big Saturday night,” I said.

“This is all right too,” she said.

The circle of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie