The Kennedy Clan

If there is anything like a royal family here I’m sure the Kennedy’s would be in the running.

JFK has had more books written and movies made about him. The photo of JFK Jr saluting as his father’s body went by is iconic.

And there was so much more tragedy.

Brother Robert was assassinated during his own presidential campaign.

Ted had the fateful drunken drive, but spent a lifetime in politics, and of course, JFK Jr. and his family died in a horrific plane crash.

There is plenty more, of course, including those who believe that JFK is going to come out of hiding and team up with the orange menace to somehow save the country.

Nuts, I know, but this week Robert Kennedy Jr. made the news because he dropped his own presidential run and quickly endorsed the Republican nominee.

While I read and watched plenty about the Kennedy clan through the years, I didn’t much follow this saga because the Robert Kennedy Jr. campaign seemed wildly insane to me.

There was a story about a bear being left in Central Park. The policies and the rage was nonsensical, and now a family of Democrats are shamed by the fact that Robert is backing the candidate that is perhaps even more crazy than him.

What I did read was the reaction of the remaining Kennedy’s and the shame they are feeling.

They are absolutely horrified!

They feel that it is all a huge stain on the memory of their Dad and their uncle.

A shame on the Kennedy name.

I was born the year after JFK was shot and killed.

One fine day, when I was around the age of 11 or 12, I sat on the basement floor and read all the newspaper articles about that day.

My Mom had saved all the papers for a month following the assassination.

I had a soft spot in my heart for the Kennedy’s family after that.

A proud group now filled with shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie