Tire πŸ›ž d of it!

Four months ago I bought new tires.

They’re expensive so I bought the warranty.

Almost immediately, Jake hit a pot hole in a parking lot.

Headed to the tire shop.

“Oh, you have the warranty,” the guy said. “That’s good.”

He went in back and called me up to the counter

“Bad news,” he said. “The damage was to the side of the tire. That’s not covered under the warranty.”

“Bah!”

“It gets worse,” he said. “We aren’t allowed to replace just one tire. You need to put two on the car.”

Tires didn’t have 1,000 miles on them.

That happened again!

Exact same scenario about a month later!

Bought two more!

So I had fully replaced the new tires I had just bought!

Cut to Friday morning…

…I had to leave the house by 5:30.

At 6:00, I watched a tractor-trailer head for the side of the road and slam on his brakes, as if something had fallen off his trailer.

πŸ’₯ 

Whatever he dropped…

…I hit!

“F**^k!”

My first thought was:

“I hope my tires…

…the dashboard lit up!

I pulled to the side of the road.

Problem being, I was scheduled to speak to a company of people - I called ahead and within 20 minutes I was in one of their company vehicles and my car was heading for their offices.

“I’ll try to get the tire fixed before you’re done,” he said.

Of course, that would be way too damn easy!

Whatever that driver left in the road not only demolished the tire, but it also punctured the rim.

I finished my speaking engagement and picked up my vehicle - there’s a donut on it.

“What are you going to do?” Kathy asked.

“Eat pasta. Play with the dog,” I said.

“About the tire, I mean!”

“Nothing! I’m done. I’ll worry about it tomorrow.”

One thing I know for sure…

…it won’t be covered by the warranty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie