Robbed! I Tell You!!!

For the pepper party this year I stuffed my peppers with breaded pork chops, adding feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. I drizzled basil oil on each pepper and made 20 of them.

Tried one on Friday night, and declared it the best pepper I’d made for the contest.

Had two more on Saturday morning with a couple of fried eggs.

Went to the party…

…with high hopes.

I wanted a trophy.

As per usual, Corinne and Chuck set up a wonderful party. We’ve been doing the pepper party for about 20 years now.

I knew the competition would be stiff and that I would be eating a lot of peppers.

Seeing my siblings, nieces and nephews and cousins along with lifelong friends is the highlight, of course, but I filled my plate to check the competition.

A pepper stuffed with peanut butter and jelly.

Very good.

Peppers stuffed with tater tots…

…loved them.

A cheeseburger stuffed pepper.

A California roll pepper (not a sushi fan), but pepper was well made.

A Cubano with bread wrapping the pepper.

(Trouble - it was good).

A pepper stuffed with beef brisket - Mac and Cheese - more trouble.

I had another one of mine on the plate as well.

I didn’t get the presentation points of the others…

…but I was still convinced that mine tasted the best.

My nephew was eating mine as though they were tic-tacs.

(Promising).

Corinne stepped up and reminded us that the pepper party is a huge get-together because it honors the memories of Dad and Jeff.

And the honorable mention went to:

Peanut butter and jelly.

(I didn’t want honorable mention anyway).

3rd place - Brisket & Mac & Cheese.

2nd place - California Roll

(I knew it would place - I wasn’t looking for bronze or silver).

And the winner!!!

The Cubano!

My brother Jim - back to back years.

Congrats!

No shame!!

Because I took a few more of mine home…

…ate a couple for a snack.

Robbed, I tell you…

…I deserved better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie