Fifty-Eight Degrees?????

It’s August for f**ks sake!

I put my jacket on yesterday morning.

It was also still dark when I left for work…

…so, this is the time of year when I start dreading that we are going to slide our way into a whole bunch of grey days.

Now I’m sure that this is an aberration, and it will be nice and warm by the weekend, but I was still hit by the dread.

I love the summer because I spend my days outside - there’s nothing like walking a long way on a site with the sun out.

Doesn’t even feel like work because I’m walking up to people I’ve known for years and we will most likely exchange a laugh or two.

Doesn’t seem quite so wonderful in the cold and snow.

I started feeling crippling back pain at hole 3 on Sunday.

I was having a lot of trouble walking up to the tee box as every step hurt, but it didn’t matter much as I swung the club.

I putted for birdie 10 times!

Out of 18 holes.

I didn’t actually get a birdie…

…JC did and he was pretty fired up…

…but I had 9 pars on the day. 

Had no business finishing the round.

Kathy saw me as I limped into the house.

“What’re you an idiot? Why’d you keep playing?”

“Time is limited,” I said. 

Waking up to 58 degrees????

Way too limited!

Was quite a round though…

…would’ve drawn record ratings on ESPN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie