One-Hundred-Three!!!

When I stepped off the plane and walked the plank to the airport lobby in Wichita, I kind of gasped.

Felt like I was stepping into a boiler.

It was just the start of a HOT 🥵 trip.

Now, I enjoy this trip because it starts in Wichita, with a stop in Topeka and then Blue Springs before settling in Kansas City.

I’ve grown to know the roads and El Dorado always brings a smile because I can almost picture Hoss and Little Joe flying across the prairie.

During the drive, I listen to my music as I sift through the fools gold in my mind, searching for peace.

I don’t have much more to do than hit a few sites, and appreciate another part of the country.

But it was 103 degrees!

That’s hot!!!

Walking around the sites was a sweaty proposition and then to make matters worse, one of the guys told me about an authentic Mexican joint in Topeka - I stopped by the pretty beat up place and ordered 3 small tacos. (They were $2.49 each!)

And they were the best tacos I ever had!

I should’ve ordered 6, but driving and eating a taco isn’t easy.

My last stop in Blue Springs brought a thrill as when I walked into the trailer the 4 guys there all groaned and laughed as they said:

“Look at this asshole!”

I love that I get the same reaction everywhere I go - even a thousand miles from home!

“What the hell is all over your shirt?”

I explained the taco problem and then they ripped me about the Chiefs beating the Bills and I earned my ‘asshole’ image by making fun of all of them.

“It’s hot!” I yelled as I slipped behind the wheel. “Go Yankees, Go Bills, Taylor Swift is going to dump Kelce.”

They were laughing as I left.

Big sky visits are fun…

…but man, turn down the heat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie