Sixty Versus Forty

It’s a trip I’ve made plenty of times.

Hundreds of miles by car.

Thousands of miles by air - really rolling the dice that all four flights will go well - and not to mention the work.

All inside 48 hours.

No big deal…

…20 years ago.

And that’s the thing about getting older. You think of how it used to go and it all seems doable again, but it catches up.

“I’m more tired than I should be,” I mentioned as I finished my day and sat down.

“How do you know how tired you should be?” Kathy asked.

“Past experience.”

Of course, it’s old news to cry about the seats on an airplane but how long will it be before we find out that we have to sit on some stranger’s lap?

I sat in the aisle seat with two other people - the middle person was - how do you say it nicely?

Portly.

Two and a half hours…

…same position.

Unable to move an arm or a leg or even hold a book.

The portly dude went to sleep.

Snored inches from my ear - dude has sleep apnea for sure.

Ollie gave me three minutes before he appeared with a ball.

Weird.

Started day in Kansas City…

…play catch with the dog before dinner…

…just more tired than I used to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Suits

Mom & Ollie