You Get Nothing!

I clicked on a report about Lisa Marie who, despite being left the Elvis fortune, died broke.

The report said that she had about $14 grand in real money and owed about $500,000 on credit cards.

I’m sure that it’s more complicated than that as she owned Graceland and was getting about a hundred grand a month from Elvis - who still earns a lot of money some 45 years after he died.

Yet, after that there were plenty of other celebrities talking about their fortunes and their plans to give their kids…

…absolutely nothing!

Sting is worth $300 million.

He’s told his kids:

“We plan on spending it and won’t be leaving a trust fund.”

Kirk Douglas left all his money to charity.

Marie Osmond is outspoken about not giving her kids a dime.

She wants them to make their own way.

Then there is Warren Buffet who is worth more than a hundred billion.

His relatives?

Yeah. Nothing. Nada. Zip!

Don’t you think that’s a little crazy?

I’d love to be able to leave my kids a little bit of money. I plan on doing that. In fact, I never take a nickel from my kids!

I have ‘lent’ them money and when they have sent me a text letting me know that they’re going to pay it back…

…I’ve told them to keep it.

(I think they’ve figured it out by now).

And I do get it…

…handing your kids everything doesn’t do them any favors…

…but after you’re gone?

Of course I plan on leaving whatever to them!

How can you not??

$100 billion and you aren’t going to take care of your kids and their kids?

That’s kinda’ mean, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie