The Big Reset!

Happy New Year! 

πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽ† 

I have always enjoyed the ‘reset’ feeling of a brand new year.

I’m not into resolutions or any of that ‘I’m going to be a brand new guy’ sort of thinking because I’ve been around long enough to know that “I’m the same old jerk you’ve been having for years,” as Mellencamp so eloquently put it.

Too set in my ways, and buried deep in an established set of routines.

But I always truly feel like things can improve simply via the turning of the calendar page.

Goals?

1). Healthy - all of us. That’s always goal one. It seems as if there has been a lot of death, knocking on doors all around all of us. The celebrity deaths in 2022 were astounding. Covid and early death rates have seemed to be out of control.

So, stay healthy!

2). Yankees - 28 - it’s been too damn long! We need a championship this year. Judge is signed. The pitching is great on paper.

Let’s go!

3). Break 80 - it’s been 40 years since I golfed a 79 at Golden Gate golf course in Mill Valley, California. I was young and strong. I ain’t young or strong anymore, but I’m a better golfer.

It’s about focus.

I think I can do it, but the window will close eventually. 

4). Ace - we have all flirted with an ace these past few years - there’s luck involved but it stands to reason that it may happen someday while I’m on the course. 

My ball was five mere feet away during my last round of the year.

Let’s do it early in the season!

5). Vacation?

I have a Florida trip in February. There’s nothing better than that trip - it’s perfection every time!

Great food. Awesome friends. Sun!

6). ‘What Are You, An Idiot?”

I’m fairly certain that book number seventeen will be released in 2023.

It’s funny.

The main character is a moron who does some truly goofy shit.

It’s autobiographical, unfortunately.

7). Peace

Peace on Earth is too big of an ask when it costs around $900 billion every year to fund the military.

They aren’t looking for peace!

But peace in our lives - here at Camp Clifford - is achievable.

Just peace of mind to battle through the every day garbage.

I will try my best to stay out of social media battles with total strangers who believe conspiracies and lies.

You might think that the facts that are pouring out lately would sway the MAGA crowd to make a clean break and admit they were conned, but so far, no good.

It will happen.

I will resist the urge to say ‘I told you!’

Okay…

…let’s be real.

I most likely have a better chance at the ace than I do at keeping my mouth shut when the indictments fly!

But…

…stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive…

…in 2023!

Happy New Year! 

🎈 πŸŽŠπŸŽ† 🎈 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie