One Down

New Year’s Day used to be a bit of a mess when we went out and drank a little.

Or a lot.

That’s been in the rear-view for quite awhile, and I woke up feeling pretty good on the first day of 2023.

There was football (didn’t watch a down) and pasta on the menu.

I started my sit up regiment for the year by doing one.

I’ll add one every day until I finish the year (ideally) by doing 365 on New Year’s Eve.

Think I can do it?

I put the phone down for extended periods during the day, and hope to do that more every day.

There should be a time limit on these things.

And I had a thought about life being easy if you can just relax your mind.

That’s easy to do on a day off and watching movies or a series.

Gets harder when things get busier.

Kind of like the sit-up exercise.

One sit-up yesterday, two tomorrow, three on Tuesday all seem manageable to me.

We may have to check in on that little exercise a couple of weeks from now when I’m sick of climbing ladders in the freezing cold and there’s sickness in the air or political fighting dominating the news.

The year gets harder the longer it goes until you’re at the end of it and every other Facebook post is:

“Good riddance to this year! Next year will be better!”

So, yesterday, around 16 hours into the new year I made my own Facebook post:

“Can’t wait for this year to be over!”

Breathe deep.

Sleep well.

Do your sit-ups.

Have a little fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie