Magical Moments

There’s plenty to hate about sports these days. The greed, the betting, the near-death of some of the combatants, and the constant back and forth between fans of teams - which is a lot more ugly on social media.

But every once in awhile there are magical moments.

Of course the Bills are big news around here, and while I get bored with football and all that’s wrong with it, I do pretend to care.

Damar Hamlin nearly died on the field last week. It was all anyone spoke about, and everyone was happy about how it all played out as he is on the road to a full recovery, but there was some angst.

How would the Bills respond?

I did happen to see the opening kickoff, which is odd. I most certainly don’t watch every play, and I said:

“He’s gone.”

He’d hit the wedge perfectly, and as Himes made his way down the sideline…

…I felt Bruce bumps on my arms.

A moment in sports…

…like Reggie’s 3rd homer in ‘78

…’Nova winning the title as Sam danced around.

…Jeter’s 3,000th hit.

…Bucky F***ing Dent.

…Aaron Boone!

I watched magical moments with my Dad, my kids, my brothers and sisters.

And my Mom!

Mike Tyson was getting knocked out by Buster Douglas.

I’ll never forget Mom screaming:

“Go! Buster! Go!!”

That’s the good thing about sports.

Bills had one of those moments on Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie