Takes A Month

Maybe it’s the weather.

Perhaps it’s the coming golf trip.

But the 5 days that make up a week seems to take a month these days.

I heard the rear brakes making noise on my car, and I had a decision.

I’m a month away from paying off my car - first time that’s ever happened - I usually get a new one before the final payment is made.

I got the brakes done. The noise went away.

THAT noise went away!

I gave my buddy Tim a ride when he came up from Syracuse to go to the Bills game. I wasn’t even out of the driveway before he announced:

“You got a bad wheel bearing. I hope we make it.” 

Tim is a mechanic by trade.

“BAH!”

Back to the shop!

They replaced the wheel bearing and as I drove away, (car was nice and quiet), the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.

“ABS!”

“Traction!”

“Hill steep” something or other.

I needed the car and couldn’t leave it. 

I called Tim.

“They screwed up a sensor. Car will run fine but those lights won’t go off until they replace the sensor.”

That doesn’t work when you’re OCD.

“BAH!”

Meanwhile, the notebook I use to write reports shut off and wouldn’t turn back on.

Contacted I.T.

“No problem! We will replace it. Going to take a few days to ship it out - we have to put the company safeguards in place.”

“BAH!”

So, I’ve been using my I-phone. Which slows me down, and it’s a change.

Not big on change!

So, how do I handle it?

I have a golf ball in the center console.

When it gets too much, I pick that ball up, and imagine that first swing on the tee.

80 degrees. Shorts. Ball going down the center.

The five days that make up a week takes a month here in the cold, grey environment of Buffalo.

Those four days in the sun?

Yeah.

Going to feel like 10 minutes.

“BAH!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie