Important Papers

I spent part of Sunday morning going through my file cabinet looking for some old documentation.

We have all stopped printing out things over the last five years or so, but I have a whole bunch of papers from years gone by.

Things that I thought were really important.

I don’t really need any of them!

I have a lot of press from my books and it’s always fun to look at some of the reviews, but as I was sorting through it, I wondered:

Will my kids even be interested?

I have journals that have documented every day of my life since about 1974.

Just books and books of my thoughts.

I have only stacked them in a closet.

I’m thinking of burning them!

When I’m gone…

…will anyone care?

I wrote down my every day thoughts and I’ve kept this blog going every day for years.

To what end?

And the important papers?

They aren’t all that important.

I need a contractor’s garbage bag and a couple of hours with the shredder.

I walked away thinking about all the days piling up behind us.

All the ‘urgent’ things we do.

And then forget about.

Nothing matters and what if it did?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie