The Eye of the Storm

It hasn’t snowed in awhile.

The Bills got some good news as Hamlin appears to be on the mend.

It was over 40 degrees all week.

Somehow it feels like we are in the eye of the storm.

And I don’t know about other people’s jobs but it seems to me that 4-day work weeks are worse than 5-day ones.

Everyone appears to be trying to jam all the work of the week into the shorter window and as a safety guy for a lot of companies…

…damn, my phone almost started on fire at one point.

One call, text, email after another until I finally held the phone aloft and announced:

“I’m going to throw this thing off the f****ng wall!”

There were three other guys standing around at the meeting and they all laughed.

Which helped me center a bit and laugh too.

In all the happiness over the health of the Bills safety, I was reminded of the greed and pure evil of the NFL.

I listened to former players discuss the non-existent disability insurance or pensions of the former players.

I considered that they lied through their teeth about the CTE findings, and while everyone congratulated everyone else about how lovely everyone was…

…it dawned on me that if there was a secret ballot of NFL owners they’d all probably vote against making sure Harmin is set if he can’t continue with his career.

But, you know what, it doesn’t matter.

The NFL will win again.

All the people who vowed to never watch another game because players were kneeling during the anthem?

Yeah.

They’re all watching now.

But I have vowed to be more positive this year, so I will swallow my aggravation with the league for a moment and I’ll think about the people who donated to the Hamlin charity.

More than $7 million raised.

People finally agreed on something…

…we all wanted that young man to pull through.

So, maybe we aren’t just in the eye of the storm, and perhaps the other shoe won’t drop until another lake effect storm blows through.

Now.

We just have to figure out how to elect a speaker of the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie