Yesterday’s Decisions

So, I was up and out of bed by 6 a.m. this morning and I headed to the first job - a little groggy from making trips back and forth to the stadium yesterday to drop off kids and friends who went to the game.

I hit the first site by 7:00 and held a meeting with a couple of people and then received a text from the head of my department:

“Hey, Mr. Work Every Day, you do know this is a company holiday, right?”

“Huh?”

“No work today,” he said.

“Already on-site,” I answered. “I only work 8.”

He laughed.

Yet, I did cut it off early and passed by Sam who was getting ready to start a 11-hour day. 

He had gone to the game and plenty of post-game victory celebrations.

HE looked groggy.

“Are you sorry you stayed out so late?” I chided.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“You’re going to have a shitty day,” I said.

“Nah, I’m good. I know the price to pay. Nothing I can do today about yesterday’s choices.”

His words stopped me in my tracks!

Pretty profound coming from Sam!!

“Well, have fun,” I said. “I’m off the rest of the day.”

He laughed.

“You’re worried about me? You go to work on days off.”

Touché 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie