The Militi-Raulli-Fazzolari Open


Okay, it’s actually called the ‘Militi-Raulli Open’. I inserted the ‘Fazzolari’.

I’ve played in the 2-round event every year since 1997.

Look at the beauty of the course behind us. 

That’s Conklin Player’s Club in Binghamton and it’s one of my very favorite places to play.

Things have changed a lot since ‘97.

Back then, as a 30-something man I went for food and drink more than golf. We would stay out late and have a lot of beer.

I had one beer this time out.

Joe Militi passed away about ten years ago, but we do a toast to him and tell a few stories. Joe was a great guy who was so funny. 

He must love that we are still singing his praises as we play.

The golf was golf!

Good shots, bad shots, missed putts, made putts, lost balls and found balls.

I looked around a lot.

At the scenery and my buddies.

“I don’t know how many years we have left to do this,” I thought, on the way home.

That’s 25 years for me.

There is certainly not 25 more years left.

But, hopefully, the younger guys in the organizations will keep it going.

And raise that glass at dinner…

…to those we loved and lost along the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie