Number 2 Terrorist

If I were a terrorist I wouldn’t want to be ranked second on the most wanted list.

Seems like the number 2 most wanted guy always gets mowed down.

I also find it odd that there are press conferences held to announce their deaths.

“He walked out onto the porch. Took a deep breath, looked up at the sun, and we blew his freaking head off. We’d like to thank all who made it possible.”

Of course, if you’re a fan of the administration in charge you’re all for it. If you aren’t you say, ‘Never heard of the dude.’

But the entire ‘evil for the sake of evil’ is pretty crazy to me.

First, we are fans of ‘Better Call Saul’ and the last episode showed Saul stealing someone’s identity and doing it to a cancer patient that he had befriended.

It was uncomfortable to watch, and I had a thought:

“There’s just a meanness to this world.”

But it’s only television, right?

Then, for some reason, a guy on a job showed me the video from the helmet camera of the Buffalo mass shooter.

“Why?” I asked. “Would you show me that?”

I will never, ever see something more evil than that.

And I think about being young and all the times I used to talk about how government sponsored killing was wrong.

I once believed in rehab.

Saw the world through my own perfectly innocent eyes.

Believed we could rid the world of evil….

…by being better.

Not sure that will ever be possible.

A meanness in this world?

For sure.

Ridding the world of terrorists might be a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie