I Am Well Aware

I have been fully informed about the recent Yankees struggles!

Their lead is dwindling in the American League East and their batting averages are all below .200 for the last few weeks.

Here’s the thing:

I CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

I’ve been a fan of the Yankees since I was about five years old.

I want them to win every game.

When they lose, I hear about it as if I own the team.

That’s all good. I earned every bit of that grief.

But man, this last few weeks has been truly perplexing. They were on a historic pace to win about 120 games.

Then 💥 

Into the tank!

So, I spent a bit of time on Saturday thinking about similar types of collapse.

In 1998 - arguably the greatest team ever (they won 125 total games) - the team went into a tailspin at the start of September.

Didn’t look good!

They won all but 3 playoff games and the series.

The 2000 team won 3 of their last 18 games.

They only won 88 games all year.

Beat the Mets 4-1 to win their 3rd straight title.

But I have seen epic collapses too.

They lost 4 straight to the Red Sox in ‘04, of course.

They lost game 7 to Arizona in ‘01.

I’m still not over the ‘95 series loss to the Mariners.

So, I’m well aware.

Either they’ll get out of the spin or they won’t.

I will handle it either way…

…thing is…

…I’m taking a lot of heat from fans of a Bills team who have the following rallying cry:

“Just one before I die!”

So.

Let’s keep it in perspective.

I can always think about the 7 titles I have witnessed in the last 45 years.

Go Yankees! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie