40-Year Reunion


That’s me and my great friend, Kellie. I had a couple of photos on my phone from the 40-year reunion and can’t wait to see the rest because there were so many of my legendary friends in the Village of North Collins last night to mark the 40-year celebration.

What I kept thinking about was how amazing life can be. 

I hadn’t seen many of the people in that room for decades. 

Social media makes it easier to stay in touch, but I got great joy in remembering the love, the friendship, the laughs and the tears.

What also amazed me is that:

I still really KNOW these people.

I know their heart.

And that love and friendship that we tossed out into the universe all that time ago…

…is still right there and it’s fun to reach back into time and grab ahold of it for an evening.

We laughed a lot.

There surprisingly wasn’t a lot of ‘Do you remember when?’

There was plenty of, ‘How are you? How has your life played out?’

And my favorite parts:

I put on my Fuzzy hat for a little while. I tried my best to make people laugh, and I was all about seeing people who were also ready to make me laugh.

And another surprising thing was that more than a few people brought my Dad’s name up because I’ve grown to truly resemble him.

And girls who were deathly afraid of him back in the day shared stories about Dad and how much they enjoyed being around him as teenagers.

And by the end of the night, my legs hurt and my back was really barking, as a reminder that all that time has indeed passed.

But my face felt funny too…

…because man, I smiled a lot.

Love doesn’t go away.

Even four short high school years…

…forty freaking years ago…

…is still swirling around out there.

I hope everyone in that group is around 20 years from now so we can celebrate #60.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie