This Is Us

So, she roped me in.

“You gotta’ watch ‘This Is Us.’,” Kathy kept saying, and I finally caved.

The reason I hesitated was because it was SO popular. When all the middle-aged woman are posting every week about how hard they cried at the new episode...

...well, it might be a little too sappy.

And there’s certainly moments when the sugar is a tad too sweet, but like any other good art, it’s about the characters stupid.

Mandy Moore is as cute as can be. She steals every scene that she’s in, and her relationship with her husband and her kids...

...it’s pretty great.

(I haven’t actually admitted it yet though!)

The sibling relationships are pretty great too, and I’ve enjoyed how they’ve been able to break that all down.

And there’s loss.

Real loss that hits home too.

The thing about television these days is that all the episodes are right there. You can watch 35 straight hours of ‘This Is Us’ if you’re so inclined.

We don’t have that kind of time, of course, so it’s a little at a time, but even 2 or 3 episodes at once can be a little draining.

The thing about being in love in a movie or on television is that it’s a little different than real life. In the real world, people don’t often make long, impassioned speeches about how they’re feeling.

Men especially.

Two guys don’t get into:

“She makes me happy to be alive. When I’m with her I can hear birds singing when there aren’t any birds outside.”

If I said that to one of my buddies...

...they’d crush me!

Yet, guys in the movies or on television talk about such things.

But it’s good.

One of the better shows going, especially on network television.

Shhhh....

...Don’t tell my wife.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie