Sir Paul

I wasn’t the world’s biggest Beatles fan.

Like everyone else, I know nearly every song they ever performed and I enjoy 95% of them, but my passions certainly run deeper for other bands...

...including The Stones.

Yet, I’ve always enjoyed each member of The Beatles. I wrote a college paper on John Lennon, and I always have claimed that he’s my favorite Beatle, but man, I really like Paul.

I’ve heard Paul on Howard Stern numerous times, and he’s very open and honest and down-to-Earth. He’s always really passionate about his causes, and he speaks out when there are social missteps being made.

I bring all of this up because I watched McCartney and James Cordon visit Paul’s old Liverpool stomping grounds.

Catch it!

It’s 23 minutes of a smile.

They sing a few tunes, Paul talks about putting together a few songs:

“Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.”

Just fascinated me to no end when creative people talk about creating.

Paul also told the story of his Mom, in a dream, being the inspiration for “Let it Be.”

That story has meant the world to me as I’ve faced death in my life.

Yet, it’s the idea of the lasting power of The Beatles that still amazes me.

Paul has two new songs coming out.

I’ll give them a listen.

I’ll probably like them.

The Beatles broke up in 1969!

Their music still sells. It’s still better than 98% of the new stuff out in 2018.

“What a great guy,” I thought as the video wrapped up.

John, Paul, George and Ringo.

100 years from now people will know those names.

Now go watch that video!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie