Happy Birthday, Jake!

Jake is 21 years old today.

It’s a funny thing, but I distinctly recall the moment when he arrived.

I was absolutely blown away. I remember thinking, “those little feet are perfect.”

His feet are big now.

Seeing your child born is as much proof as I’ve ever needed.

It’s an absolute miracle.

And of course, with Jake, we were counting on a miracle.

I love all my boys. I enjoy laughing with them. I enjoy watching them grow, and I’d do anything for them.

That’s no sacrifice, either, by the way, but years and years ago, I was living alone in Connecticut, and there was a family living below me.

The father was an absolute nightmare, screaming at his children, every minute of every day, and I thought, man, “When I’m a Dad.”

My own Dad told me that the time flies by.

Jake turning 21 today just highlights that for me...

...and man, he can make me laugh.

If you’ve ever hung around Jake at a party, you won’t be able to help notice his quick wit.

As a child, he was an absolute handful.

He tormented my poor wife, but their love makes me laugh...

...they banter back and forth..

...neither quite able to hide that they’re as close as can be....

...and God blessed me with three boys who all have their birthdays within 30 days of one another.

Unlike that poor kid in Connecticut I always knew that my Dad loved me and would do anything in the world for me...

...and I hope that my boys know that too.

I’m pretty sure they do.

Happy Birthday, Jakey-Boy!

I wish I was still waking you up early to watch the garbage man dump the cans, but, now is great too.

We love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie