Suicides

Having little fashion sense, and having a wife who doesn’t shop for anything, I didn’t know who Kate Spade was, but I felt saddened by her taking her own life.

I had a work friend who shot himself at the age of 45. He suffered greatly with back pain, and it got to be too much.

I’ve been mindful of that as I’ve struggled with my own health difficulties, but I don’t suffer from depression. I’m too fired up about what life holds for me and my family.

The second suicide of the week was a real surprise.

Anthony Bourdain, by most accounts, appeared to have an amazing life.

He traveled the world as a famous chef, and he partied with all kinds of famous people.

He appeared to be thrilled with it all.

I’m not sure what brings forth the amazing spiral. Every once in awhile I find myself thinking about Robin Williams.

How does that happen?

The suicide numbers are through the roof.

It happens to people in all walks of life, and it’s tough for those left behind to consider it.

When my work buddy shot himself I remember thinking that he was selfish for leaving his wife and two kids in such a manner.

I also recall thinking:

“Why didn’t he call me? I could’ve made him laugh.”

But it is way more complicated than that, isn’t it?

A shame when lives end early, particularly at one’s own hand.

Get help.

It’ll get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie