Too Much

I was watching a news show as the host said:

"We have breaking news. The president is tweeting."

There was a tweet explaining why he blurted out classified information to Russia.

It was only half of a defiant tweet that said, basically, "I can do what I want and I don't care what you think."

But the newscasters were waiting.

And while we all waited ten minutes for him to finish the tweet and I thought:

"This is too much."

Every single day there's a major crisis.

Breaking news hour by hour.

Absolute incompetence.

Policy procedures are debated as lies or just flat out wrong moves.

There are threats that everyone might get fired today. We hear talks of impeachment and sealed indictments and true unease.

I made a mistake and tweeted in response to the classified information leak.

I was jumped by a whole bunch of people I don't know.

"Fake news!"

"What about Clinton?"

Too much.

I announced that I was done responding and these fellow Americans, none of whom I know...

...sent me nasty notes.

There will be more before the week is out, before another trip to another country club for another round of golf that is passed off as a working meeting.

Way too much!!

And the average everyday American is heading off to work, wondering what can happen next, or if there will be more breaking news about possible Russian influence.

Since January the collapse of the government is an itch that can't be scratched. The past breaking news can't be addressed before the next disaster hits.

Maybe the goal is chaos.

Sounds like that is Russia's goal for our way of governing.

Did they find a willing ally?

Because this is just too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie