It Just Keeps Raining

A week ago Sunday I watched the boys get up rather casually.

"You better get the lawn mowed," I said. "They're calling for a lot of rain this week."

"Relax," I was told. "We'll get 'er done."

Around mid-day I was a tad annoyed and casually voiced my dismay.

"Fine!" Sam yelled out. "I'm gonna' do it."

Minutes later we heard the mower going.

A little while after that I said:

"Is that ☔️?"

"That's a lot of rain," Kathy answered.

Sam came running in...he was soaked to the bone.

"Not good," he said. "I mowed HALF of the front yard. It looks ridiculous."

It rained all day Monday and Tuesday.

On Wednesday there was a small window to get the rest of the front yard mowed and Sam did it, but halfway through the backyard...

Rain ☔️ ☔️ ☔️

Then the mower broke.

I met poor, soaked Sam in the backyard.

"Now what?"

"The hell with it," I said.

It's supposed to snow a little tomorrow.

The yard looks absolutely ridiculous.

"They are saying that it's gonna' be like this for a couple more weeks," Kathy annnounced.

Terrific.

We're only about 90 days away from the weather turning to 💩 as fall threatens.

Let it ☔️

The hell with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty