The Weekend Is Coming!

So, Jennifer Aniston tied the knot.

Here's hoping that she doesn't get left in the dust again when a new hottie comes along.

Again, though...weird thing when a celeb gets married...like she's off the market and my chance is done.

Oh well...at least we had one good night.

(Way before I met my beautiful wife).

We have a big family weekend coming up this weekend.

First, the pepper party.

I have an inkling of an idea, but it's going to be an uphill battle, I'm afraid. There are way too many good chefs in the family.

I'll let you know.

The one thing that is absolutely certain is that I'm going to eat about 40 stuffed peppers this weekend.

There goes the waist line.

Yet...

I may also be able to run a little of it off at the softball tournament, right?

Maybe not...the legs aren't feeling exceptionally well right now. I will most likely be using the kids to run for me.

Lord knows that I can hit though!

But here's the thing:

I am extremely confident that the weekend will be exceptional and I am confident in that for one reason...

...because my brother Jeff had so many people in his life who loved him beyond comprehension.

I recall the first Memorial Softball Tournament.

I was nervous.

Jan Mathis had launched the idea and I ran all over town...as did a number of other people...working hard to make it happen.

And then it rained.

And I'm not talking a little drizzle.

I'm talking a pounding ran with thunder, lightning and high winds.

That morning I was up at the field early...

...and I was near tears.

We had worked so hard and it was going to be rained out.

As long as I live I will never forget how I felt when I saw the cars coming over the hill and pulling into the parking lot.

"They're still coming!" I said.

And man...did they.

One person after another...

...all offering their love.

All playing in the mud.

All telling us stories...

...and showing their love for our family.

The Weekend is coming!

Man.

It's gonna' be great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty