My Visit to Fenway Park


Here's a secret:

In 1986 I rooted for the Boston Red Sux to win the World Series.

Yeah...I hated Carter, Hernandez, Strawberry and Gooden that much. Being a Yankees fan, I didn't want to see the Mess win the Series.

But I didn't cry when the Red Sux lost in heartbreaking fashion.

I actually thought it was funny.


I finally visited Fenway to see a game. I had seen Springsteen there...but deep in my heart as a baseball fan I needed to take in a major league game.

That's the Pesky pole there.

I thought of Ted Williams playing there...not to mention Babe Ruth.

I thought of the Yankees beating them in the Bucky F&c*ing Dent Game.


All great stuff.

But...

...sorry to say...

The place looks better than it is.

First off, Cleveland - who is a bad team - pummeled the home team.

Secondly, there are goofy-talking people all wearing Sawx gear.

Thirdly, when you sit in your seat and face forward...

...you aren't looking at the freaking game!

37,000 people have to sit in their tiny seat and turn the other way!

The aisles are crowded.

There's no way out of your seat unless you disturb 30 other people.

But...

...I don't wanna' be mean.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Especially the Suck Sux getting pummeled part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie