Practice...We're Talking About Practice!

I hate this time of year for sports.

Because right now ESPN is all in on showing us who is practicing where when it comes to football.

Seriously.

Practice.

Who reads this crap?

E.J. Manuel overthrew his receiver down the sideline.

That was the lead story here in Buffalo on the day the baseball trade deadline was in full swing.

And I guess I get it.

People are football-crazed despite the fact that it's a horrifically flawed game played by degenerates who are going to be muttering to themselves in a few years, but practice!

Troy Tulowitski was traded from the Rockies to the Blue Jays. Tulo is the best shortstop in the sport. I all but ran down the stairs to get the update and you know what I got?

Johnny Manziel says that he wants to be the number one quarterback of the Browns.

You will note that I am no longer commenting much on the arrests of NFL players.

It bores me to tears.

But you know what else bores me?

The Green Bay Packers still believe they can win the Super Bowl despite a shaky beginning to their training camp.

I'm not kidding!

That was a headline.

How was their training camp shaky?

Someone forget to bring out the water jugs?

One more thing before I go:

"We feel like we have the team to not only go to the playoffs, but win the Super Bowl," Sammy Watkins (paraphrase).

That particular quote is big news every single year.

My sons and I were debating it all back and forth.

"We had the exact same conversation last year!" I said. "When you picked them at 13 and 3!!"

"It's different this year," Sam said.

I know it is.

Because everyone is practicing real hard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie