So Sorry


Isn't that lovely?

That's my rental car from my trip to Boston.

The driver's side mirror is smashed.

I found it that way when I woke up on Tuesday morning. The car was parked where I'd left it, in the lot, after my trip to Fenway.

The note under the windshield wipers said, in block letters:

SO SORRY!

There were about four or five figures under that...which were recognizable to me as letters in either Chinese or Japanese.

I don't read Chinese or Japanese.

Yet I took the note to the clerk at the car rental place.

She was not capable of reading Chinese or Japanese either.

This is what she said:

"The good news is that it won't cost you much."

Isn't that lovely?

"Why would the guy write the note?" I asked. "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

The clerk just smiled.

"I kind of enjoyed it," she said.

Isn't that lovely?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie