Punched In the Face

The story goes something like this:

The quarterback and the linebacker were once friends.

They were close enough friends that the linebacker invited the quarterback to an outing and went so far as to buy a plane ticket for the QB.

Except the QB didn't show up...so the LB wanted his $600 back.

The QB wouldn't give it back and dared the LB to do something about it.

Allegedly the LB broke the QB's jaw with one punch.

Sounds pretty stupid, right?

As per usual we kicked the story around here at Camp Clifford.

Half the family thought it was the QB's fault.

I was on his side:

"You can't punch someone in the face when you're mad," I said.

And of course, like most things, I'm right, but there are moments...

...right?

"Your Dad got into fights on the construction site," my wife reminded me. "And your brothers might punch someone."

I digested that.

Certainly true.

"Just cause you're a big wussy," she added.

Uh yeah.

Hard to believe, I know, but I've never been punched by someone in a fit of anger.

I've never thrown a punch either.

I'm not quite sure if I could garner up enough rage to do such a thing...but yeah...there are real men out there.

I keep forgetting that.

But the thing about it is that the punch solved absolutely nothing.

The QB is out for 6-10 weeks.

The LB was cut from the team...but received little punishment as another team (who is trying to set the league record for idiots on a team) signed him immediately.

No one is talking about it anymore.

"How do you not get arrested?" I asked.

"It was just a fight, no big deal."

Just a fight.

I guess I'll never really understand all that tough guy crap.

Being a wussy is less painful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie