People Lie

We are watching the series House on Netflix.

I had watched the show plenty when it was on regular television, but had certainly missed the in order aspect to it and since it's always interesting, and usually funny, we decided to give it a go in the moments when there is nothing else to watch.

"Does he remind you of anyone?"

My beautiful wife asked me at one point, definitely referring to my inability to give a straight answer, and perhaps my occasional crankiness.

"Me?" I asked innocently enough.

"Yeah. He can be a real a*&h#$e."

Well, isn't that lovely?

Yet House can also read people and a lot of the times...he pretends not to care for them...but we know he does.

"People lie," he is fond of saying.

I thought of that with the new flap concerning Donald Trump.

"I love Donald! He tells it like it is!" Scream his supporters.

But think of Gregory House here.

People lie.

The tweet he sent out about Megyn Kelly was not innocent as he claims. He knew exactly what he was saying.

He thought it was funny.

When he got blasted for it...he tried to backpedal.

Same thing he did with the McCain flap.

He says something stupid...then lies about it to try and get out of it.

So...he doesn't tell it like it is.

And you know what...

...his numbers went up!

God help us.

But back to House.

Lying is a weird thing, isn't it?

I actually really hate it.

But everyone lies, if you listen to the good doctor.

You can tell when he's lying...his lips move.

You have to listen to him because half the time he's telling the truth.

People lie to each other. They lie on the golf course. They lie in public and in private.

Years ago I used to care about my golf score.

I'd say things like:

"That one doesn't count."

I don't care about it anymore. I'm just happy to be up and moving.

But in the rest of life I don't lie very well.

I have a tendency to laugh when I'm caught.

You know why this all fascinates me though?

Because I kind of agree with House.

People lie.

Especially backpedaling politicians.

All of them for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie