Pepper Party 2015


Well look at that...

Me and Pops finished 1 and 2.

I'm telling you all...it's not an easy task. There are so many great peppers entered and it's all great eating, but the funny thing about finishing second, for me, was that it was tough to get my entry in.

Pops and I and Mikey had spent part of Friday evening coring and stuffing about 500 peppers for the softball tourney.

(Thank you to Bowman Farms! - Best veggies in the land!)

"What're you making?" Pops asked as we started the process.

"I have a bit of an idea," I said.

"I don't," he answered.

Then the bastard turns up at the party with the best pepper, by far.

(I say that he barely nudged me out...but he's not buying it).

(You want the winning recipe? - Ask Him.)

Me?

I stuffed mine with shrimp scampi.

It was the first time I actually followed a recipe and when I ate the extra two I made, I thought:

"Damn. Those are good."

But, the entries are extensive.

I had no idea I actually placed until the judge said my name.

(Just because the judge who announced my name is my Mom...doesn't mean a damn thing, by the way).

But when my name was announced for second...

...guess who raised his damn hands...

...Yeah...

Freaking Popple.

He knew he won.

They didn't even announce it...

...they just nodded at him.

I'm soooooooooo happy for him.

Great party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie