Just Wondering


That woman was a star actress in around 1910.

I bring it up because we went to the movies last night and saw the new Seth Rogan movie, Neighbors. It was funny, to be sure, and certainly wasn't meant to change the world, but I kept thinking of this woman as an actress and a true star.

That situation has certainly disintegrated, huh?

In the new movie there was a scene where the lead actress had some milk problems after recently giving birth. It was unbelievably crude while being pretty funny, actually.

And I'm certainly not a prude.

I love a good comedy, but I was cringing a bit at this one...and there have been a whole lot more that have made me cringe a little too.

And I'm not complaining. It's all sort of gone that way. The comedy has to be over the top gross to be funny, I guess.

I just kept thinking of the photo of this woman.

You can't even see her ankles.

She looks so elegant.

The milk scene was certainly a tad less elegant.

It just makes you wonder, you know?

I think about the fact that like all Dads I want the kids to grow up and treat women with great respect, but selling that respect was probably a little easier back about 100 years ago. Yet women were certainly looked at as something less back than as subordinates, I suppose.

You wonder if there has been progress made.

No big debate here...just wondering.

Couldn't help but think about the photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie